Bahrain imports down 8 percent to BD1.168b in Q2

Source24×7 News
SectorEconomy
CountryBahrain

Manama: Mahmood Rafique, Editor: The value of imports decreased by 8 per cent reaching BD1.168 billion during second quarter of 2020 compared to BD1.267 billion for the same quarter the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 67% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 33%. This came as the Information and eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of second quarter 2020, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports. According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD194 million, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was second with BD79.1 million, and the Brazil was third with BD79 million. Aluminum oxide emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD79 million, while non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second with BD75 million, and four-wheel...read more...