Lost job in UAE and stuck in home country? Here’s how to get your settlement

SourceKhaleej Times
CountryUnited Arab Emirates

As an employee, you are entitled to end of service benefits if you were employed for more than one year. Question: I am currently in Nepal after losing my job in the UAE due to the pandemic. My company is saying that they can transfer my service benefits only to a UAE bank account and will not deposit it in my account in Nepal. Now I do not have mobile banking because my phone numbers are blocked, ATM card has expired and there is no loan under my name. How can I get my settlement which is above Dh17,000? Answer: Pursuant to your queries, we assume that you were employed by a company based in the mainland of UAE and therefore, the provisions of Federal Law No. (8) of 1980...read more...