We collect information primarily to provide better services to all of our members. We collect information that you willingly provide to us on our Website, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, company name, payment information, and demographics. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Website.
Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
“Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. You can browse our Website without telling us who you’re or revealing any Personal Data about yourself. However, once you have given us your Personal Data, we may collect and store this information.
When you visit our Website, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the Operating System (OS) running on your device, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type, and language, and the website you visited before our Website.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, some features will be unavailable.
For more information on how to reject cookies, see your browser’s instructions on changing your cookie settings.
Writecaliber retains your data while you are a using our Services and will delete your information within 30 days of either Party’s termination of the Terms upon written request.
All the User actions on our Website are logged for security reasons. Messaging service that Writecaliber provides may also collect data concerning the messages, date and time when the message was viewed by the user, as well as when the user interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message. However, Writecaliber shall do its best to keep all of your actions, private messages and their dates between the Clients and Writers remain private unless requested by a court of law.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current products and to develop new ones. We use personal information collected through our Website as described in this Policy or on our Website. For example, we may use your information to:
- Improve our services, Website and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our Website, products, and services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Process, manage, complete, and account for Transactions;
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests, comments, and inquiries;
- Invite you to participate in customer research;
- Create and manage online Accounts you establish;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by Writecaliber and our selected partners;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Identify you as a User in the system;
- Send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third-parties; and
- other uses as described when we collect the information;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third-parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Billing and other information you provide to purchase a product;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Website, Services, and content, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information;
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you’re violating Website policies (for example, we may ask you to send us your ID or bill to verify your address);
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data;
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply; and
- other supplemental information from our third-party affiliates.
Information Provided to Users
We may display the following information to logged-in users according to their access level: first name and last name of Writers, their occupation and contact information, analytics showing user usage of software, end user names, emails and sales data, user feedback and exceptions.
We are not responsible for securing data or information by logged-in users. In no event shall Writecaliber, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees or agents, be liable to users for revealing information by the logged-in users after obtaining such information by them from the Company.
Writecaliber processes Personal Data at its approved third-party cloud providers. The information we collect about you above will be stored on cloud-based servers.
Writecaliber, as the data manager, shall apply technical and organizational measures capable of protecting the data against unintentional or unauthorized destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, disclosure or access, or any other form of processing.
Writecaliber does not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors under the age of 18. Minors are not permitted to use the Services and Writecaliber requests that minors under the age of 18 not to submit any Personal Data. Since information regarding minors under the age of 18 is not collected, Writecaliber does not knowingly distribute Personal Data regarding minors under the age of 18.
Writecaliber takes the protection of customer data extremely seriously. Technical measures are in place to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, data.
Sharing of Personal Information
Information You Share
Information We Share
We do not share your Personal Data with third-parties without your consent other than:
- With third-parties who work on our behalf provided such third-parties adhere to the data protection principles set out in the European Union Directive and/or Regulation on Data Protection or other applicable legislation, or enter into a written agreement with Writecaliber requiring that the third-party provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by such Principles;
- To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process (provided that Writecaliber will endeavor to notify you if Writecaliber has received a lawful request for your information);
- In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person;
- In the event that the data we collected is necessary for us to resolve a legal claim/dispute; and
- For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding).
Personal Information Security
Writecaliber takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. It is your responsibility to protect your user names and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing or abusing your accounts and services. You should not use or reuse the same passwords you use with other accounts as your password for our services.
Your Information Choices and Changes
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Writecaliber by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Writecaliber projects or our ongoing business relationship. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes, and deletions to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third-parties by emailing [email protected]. Writecaliber will respond within thirty (30) days to any request to delete your information. Individuals who have provided information to Writecaliber members must send requests to change or delete such information to the particular Writecaliber member.
Deleting Your Data
You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that in some cases we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (for example, we have a legal obligation to retain transactional records) or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. If this is the case, we will indicate this in our response.
Upon your request, we will remove your Personal Data from view based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain Personal Data from buyers to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Writecaliber Terms and Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. If a deletion is possible, your details may be removed within 30 days but can take up to 60 days depending on the complexity of the request.
Changes to This Policy
Writecaliber may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You agree that your continued use of our Services after such changes have been published to our Services will constitute your acceptance of such revised Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]